Student Conference Scholarships
The Association for Death Education and Counseling® invites the submission of student conference scholarships. The scholarship consists of payment
for conference registration (contingent upon conference attendance) and
one-year student membership in ADEC (for new members
only). Students will be asked to complete four hours of volunteer
services while at the conference.
Applications will be reviewed and scholarships will be awarded by December 31. 2018.
- Individual must be a currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate student
- Individual may have received a previous conference scholarship if they are actively involved in ADEC committees and student activities
The applicant is required to submit a completed online submission form collecting the following information:
- Nominee name, telephone number and email address
- Institution attending, program of study
- Student status
- Whether or not the individual has submitted a paper for any student paper awards
- Letter of recommendation form a professor familiar with the individual’s interest/work in the area of thanatology
- List of honors, awards, extracurricular/volunteer activities
- An essay:
First time student conference scholar applicants: The essay should be one to three pages in length, describing the individual’s interests and experiences with in the field of thanatology, any ADEC involvement (if applicable) and how attending the ADEC conference will facilitate the individual’s goals. Previously awarded student conference scholars: The essay should be one to three pages in length, describing the year(s) during which the individual has received a student scholarship, the individual’s interests and experiences with in the field of thanatology, the individual’s length of ADEC membership/types of involvement in student activities or other roles within ADEC and a description of how continued involvement in ADEC will facilitate the Individual’s goals and future plans for active involvement within ADEC and in what capacity.
Only one ADEC award will be given to offset conference expenses. Should
a candidate receive a student paper award, the scholarship will be
given to an alternate. PRIOR SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS ARE ELIGIBLE;
however, priority for repeat awards will be given to those who are
actively involved in ADEC Student and New Professional activities.