Post your employment opportunities online to reach the expert thanatology community of ADEC members. Your posting will appear on this site for 60 days and be shared via ADEC's social media channels.
ADEC members may post job ads at no charge. Nonmembers may post a 300-word job ad for $150 per 60 days. Submit your posting via email.
Calvary Hospital - Bereavement Counselor
The Center for Grief Recovery - Therapist
Valerie's House - Program Director
Mission & Vision:
The mission of Valerie’s House is to help children and families work through the loss of a loved one together and go on to live fulfilling lives.
Our vision is that no child will grieve alone.
Valerie’s House, a children’s bereavement center located in Southwest Florida, is seeking a full-time Program Director (PD) to provide leadership, oversight, and management of its growing programs. The PD will help shape and implement the vision for a first-rate grief support organization that is expanding exponentially from year to year. The PD oversees the planning and implementation of all Valerie’s House programs, including peer support groups and supervising the programming staff. The PD represents VH programs in the community, attending professional meetings and maintaining a positive relationship with key constituents and referral sources. The PD reports directly to the CEO.
Areas of Responsibility and Essential Duties:
• Works closely with CEO to provide vision and leadership to the bereavement support program.
• Takes lead on coordinating family care and grief support.
• Provides individual support to children and or their parents when needed.
• Oversees assessment of program participants and evaluation of program effectiveness.
• Oversees the care of families in the program and monitors their progress in VH programs.
• Responsible for family intakes and orientations.
• Develops and maintain relationships with key constituents, partners, and referral sources.
• Supervises all aspects of the group night, including volunteers and group structure /delivery.
• Provides direction to and hiring of a growing program staff.
Marketing, Outreach, Awareness
• Manages relationships with community partnerships related to VH programs.
• Represents VH in the public with the media, community meetings, and awareness events as assigned.
• Provides speaking engagements to the community as requested by local clubs, organizations, gatherings, and associations as assigned.
• Assists with VH tours or fundraising communications as needed.
• Assists with special events, as assigned.
• Stays up to date with education regarding models of support for childhood bereavement.
• Presents at and attend national gatherings related to the bereavement support field.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in counseling, social work, or human service and demonstrated success in team development. Experience working with bereaved and/or at-risk children and teenagers is preferred. An understanding of the ACE study, the importance of teaching resilience in children and trauma informed therapy is preferred.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have flexibility to adapt to growth and changes. Must be able to learn new computer programs and utilize these programs to support VH administrative and programmatic needs. Must have a valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for work related travel. Must have the ability to travel extensively throughout Southwest Florida when needed. Must be able to work evenings and weekends when assigned. Must be able to lift up to 5 lbs. of program supplies and office related materials.
A competitive salary commensurate to experience and relocation package is offered.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume/CV to CEO Angela Melvin at firstname.lastname@example.org